Ph.D : The Pennsylvania State University, Department of Materials Science and Engineering
M.S : Seoul National University, Department of Inorganic Materials Science and Engineering
B.S : Seoul National University, Department of Inorganic Materials Science and Engineering
Seoul National University, Professor
Seoul National University, Associate Professor
Seoul National University, Assistant Professor
UIUC, Post Doctor
Penn. State University, Post Doctor
* Hetero-structure gas sensor for H2, noxious gas, VOCs, and warfare agent.2. Phosphor material* Development and characterization of red, green, yellow phosphor for white LEDs.
* Synthesis of oxide, oxy-nitride, and nitride phosphors3. Nano-structured materials* Synthesis of metal oxide nanowires through thermal evaporation, sol-gel, and hydrothermal methods.
* Morphology control of hierarchical nanostructures for energy applications.4. Surface treatment of metal for enhanced corrosion properties* Improvement of corrosion behavior through plasma electrolytic oxidation coating and aerosol deposition.5. Structural nano-ceramics* Sintering and characterization of metal oxide ceramics containing CNT or graphene.
[Total of 7 domestic/ 3 international patents]2. Papers* "Green-emitting Yb2+-doped -SiAlON phosphors prepared by Spark Plasma Sintering , Opt. Mater., 33, 1700 (2011)
* "Microstructure Evolution during Plasma Electrolytic Oxidation and Its Effects on the Electrochemical Properties
of AZ91D Mg Alloy", J. Electrochem. Soc., 158, C266 (2011)
* "Tribological Properties of Si3N4/SiC Nano-Nano Composite Ceramics", J. Am. Ceram. Soc., 94, 3683 (2011)
[Total of 110 publications in SCI journals]
in the electric & electronic material fields such as semi-conductive sensors and solid state ionic conductors, etc.
since 1999. Recently, our group has been intensively focused on synthesis of nanostructures, fabrication of
nanoceramics, development of new phosphor materials, and formation of anti-corrosive films.